Hot Music Theory Courses (熱門課程)
AMusTCL -- 音樂理論考試研習課程 AMusTCL 初級文憑音樂 理論考試研習課程 本考試研習班 課程不單為裝備學員參予 Trinity Guildhall - AMusTCL 初級樂理文憑的專業公開考試而設 , 也同時提供相等於學位第一年程度相若的和聲學知識予學員,幫助他們掌握各類風格的和聲寫作和分析,...
Article & Poem (詩詞文章)
Recent Comments (近期迴響)


    前言: 以下是一封由本人的作曲理論學生寄來的電郵,內容饒有意義,可供大家沉思一下。


    Leung Sir,

    Having learnt  the concept of writing notes for instrument on score, I was inspired how to set up a music writing method and system of my own. I believe that writing music on score will not be a difficult task. As a commerical music production man, I understand that competition is very keen. The client offer me money and I must tailor-make to fulfill their demands as soon as possible. They do not accept my writing down of every note that I have composed and arranged, even as the professional players too. I need to play and review their expectations in real time everyday. So many different ideas promoted my ear training and improvise technique indeed. But as regard to the lack of writing score technique in the nowaday computer world, I can say that this working in realistic and cruel musical industrial circle is not enjoyable, although many music students may admire my present situation. Anyway, through the learning lesson yesterday, I will never give myself an excuse of writing as difficult task. I will read and write everyday from now on. Please forgive me for so many many questions in the class.


    Simon Digital


    The following is my reply.

    Dear Simon,

    This is nothing new and special, as I always said so. Many of the great masters such as Beethoven, Mozart or Bach copied music from their predecessors so as to learn from them. As such, why not us, the modern man? Techniques can be learnt and trained and writing skill can be improved in some days. The rest remained is our talent. I don’t have doubt on it. 

    But it seems that the high technology , efficient equippments, and abundant of referenctial information through computers, networks, visual aids and books etc still have not guaranted our improvement of understanding and mastering music. That is what I have observed in the past ten years in the uiversities.

    I can help 10 % and students have to do the rest of 90 %. This is what I also always emphasize in the class.

    Music and Arts: Articles and Poems
    I and the village Chagall

    Learn Contemporary Music?

    The Lute Player — Franc Hal
    This is Young Mozart!

    Presentation of young Mozart to Pompadour 1763 Vicente de Paredes

    Life Long Learning is a Pleasure -- Contact Leung Sir

    Lady sit At the Virginal — Vermeer
    SC 2012 Concerts (1800 attendants)

    Pierre Auguste Renoir

    Sunrise - Monet

    The Swing - JeanHonore Fragonard

    Jastrow Duck Fliegende

    The Music -- Klimt (Modernism in Vienna)
    The Music - Klimt (Modernism in Vienna)

    Distorted image - Korean Artist



    David - Teniers and the Cabinet of Archduke Leopold William
    Jastrow Duck Fliegende

    Two-women Waltzing - Toulouse-lautrec

    Composition - Kandinsky


    Violin Sonata in D major - midi composition modelling

    Elizabeth At The Piano - Eakins

    The Love letter - Vermeer

    Armand Guillaumin - Young Girl at PianoYoung Young Girl at Piano - Armand Guillaumin